.NET SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Location: London, Farringdon
About Oxford VR
Oxford VR’s mission is to transform mental health for millions globally through state-of-the-art treatments that really work, delivered through the latest immersive technology. Our focus is on providing automated VR therapy that translates evidence-based cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) through immersive virtual reality environments to provide a new evidence-based psychological treatment(s).
The organisation was seeded in January 2017 and has raised £14.3m investment to date, most recently in a £10m round led by Optum Ventures (United Health Group).
Our platform development team is building a cloud-based clinical platform to support VR therapy in the US, Europe and Asia. We are looking for an experienced software developer to help us accelerate product development.
As a valued member of the clinical platform team you will have the opportunity to implement user stories covering both product and architectural areas. As an early-stage member of the team your contribution will be strategic and significant.
You will be expected to foster team culture and knowledge sharing by collaborating within the wider development team and other parts of the company. Attention to detail and a focus on quality at an early stage is paramount, especially as the team is currently implementing a continuous delivery model. All developers within the department are expected to design, develop and maintain high quality, production-ready code, and constructively peer-review the code of other developers.
- jQuery, Bootstrap, Sass
- NetCore, MVC, C#
- .NET API, Swagger
- Entity Framework, Dapper, SQL Server, Cosmos DB
- Microsoft Azure DevOps (Git, Build, Release)
- Microsoft Azure (Functions, Service Bus, App Service)
- Atlassian Jira, Slack
- Native / Xamarin Mobile Apps
- Microservice Architecture
Canditate profile – key skills:
- Be able to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- Have a continuous improvement mindset
- Solid knowledge of software design patterns and object-oriented design principles
- Understanding of Domain-Driven Development & Microservice architecture
- Familiarity with working in an Agile (Scrum or Kanban) environment is desirable, but non-essential
Desirable technical experience:
- RESTful API design and development
- Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment pipelines
- Unit testing and test automation frameworks
- Microsoft Azure cloud platform and building cloud-native applications
We’d like to know what you think qualifies you for this role. We don’t necessarily need a piece of paper – what we really value is common sense – and so far, we haven’t seen a course for that!
Of course, if you have accolades you want to share then we’d love to hear all about them.
- Competitive Salary
- 30 days holiday annually (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure)
- Generous Pension
- Death in Service
- Season ticket Loans
- Training & Development
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Flexible working
- Regular Social Events
To apply for this vacancy, please email email@example.com